Junior Black Belt Program
FOR BROWN BELTS
You're in the home stretch!
You're almost there!
But you still have a lot of work to do.
Everything you learn at
WILL BE ON YOUR
JUNIOR BLACK BELT TEST!
We'll begin with
A traditional set of
combinations that help you
practice the techniques that you
do or will do in KATA.
If you haven't done so by now
you've got to learn a
You may choose between
Bo Staff, Sai, Nunchaks, or Kama
Lots of traditional training exercises will be introduced to you to prepare you for some advanced training.
You must learn a longer
10 attack/defense sequences!
It's all worth it.
To help you learn and practice at home, you can watch the video and print out the
The Supplemental Training Techniques of Uechi Ryu Karate.
Hojo Undo consists of 14 Combinations/Exercises which are:
1. Shomen Geri - (Front Kicks)
2. Sokuto Geri - (Snapping Side Kicks)
3. Seiken Tsuki - (Straight Punch)
4. Mawashi Tsuki - (Hook Punch)
5. Hiraken Uke Hiraken Tsuki - (Cat's Paw Strikes)
6. Hiji Tsuki - (Elbow Strikes)
7. Shuto Uraken Shoken - (Chop, Backfist, One Knuckle Punch)
8. Tenshin Zensokugeri - (Turn, Block, Front Leg Kick)
9. Tenshin Kosokugeri - (Turn, Block, Rear Leg Kick)
10. Tenshin Shoken Tsuki - (Turn, Block, Double Shoken)
11. Shomen Hajiki - (Eye Strikes)
12. Koi No Shippo Uchi Tate Uchi - (Wrist Blocks)
13. Koi No Shippo Uchi Yoko Uchi - (Fish Tail Blocks)
14. Shin Ko Kyu - (Deep Breathing)
Yakusoku KumiteYakasuko Kumite is the preferred Kumite for Shohei-Ryu and the Okikukai Association. It has since replaced Kyu and Dan Kumite in their Testing Curriculum. The demonstration in the video on the right was filmed at Ahti Kaend's Dojo in Garden Grove, CA. (The former location of the Garden Grove Okikukai Dojo).The Kumite consists of 10 attack/defense sequences and is formally known as: Daiichi Yakasuko Kumite