On Saturday October 24th we are planning to hike at
Casper's Wilderness Park
33401 Ortega Hwy, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
The loop trail is 4.5 miles long with very little elevation gain/loss. It's pretty flat. Or that's at least how I remember it.
I'll be looking for the following volunteers:
1) Somebody to run point. Meaning, you are the leader of the pack. No one goes ahead of you.
Be sure you can read a map.
2) Somebody to be the anchor. Meaning, you're the last one. No one walks behind you.
3) BBQ lead. Someone to stay in the picnic area to watch the food and/or prepare the food for the returning hikers.
4) Small hike guide. There's a shorter, 1 mile loop, nature trail hike that would be suitable for small children. If we have need or interest, I would like a volunteer to lead this hike.
5) Water holders. I'd rather be overprepared than underprepared. Most likely you'll be holding water for your own children, and I'm going to suggest that every child carry their own water bottle, but. . . . an extra bottle or two for a thirsty child (or adult) would be great.
6) Car poolers. Some families don't have cars. Some children have disabled parents. Sharing space in your vehicle would be very kind.
We're likely to be starting our hike early in the morning. Probably somewhere between 8-9am.
I'm estimating that the slowest walkers will travel at around a 30 minute mile, which means that everyone will be back at the picnic area in 2 1/2 hours at most.
There is a park entrance fee to enter Casper's Wilderness Park. It's $5 per car.
I will have a sign up list at class soon, as well as details and directions.